Saturday, February 16, 2013

Focus on Life: Beauty of Flowers

Beauty of Flowers -- This was an easy focus!


"Earth laughs in flowers."
A favorite quote of mine by: Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of my greatest joys is to take close-up pictures of flowers. Every where I travel I am looking for the flora and fauna indigenous to that place and time. I used the pictures as reference for my pencil work, but now days, I find myself enjoying the hunting and gathering of floral photos more enjoyable than making the floral portraits. I hope you enjoy my selection for this focus. The flowers are a part of my Valentine's Day bouquet from my sweetie! (He also spoiled me with chicken soup for my cold.)


"To own a bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds, and watch their renewal of life -- 
this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a (wo)man can do."
Charles Dudley Warner


Week 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.